15.5.05

Just a little something:
"But hope has succeeded in the past, with the abolitionists, the civil rights movement, and the social reformers. As Wallis pointed out, it is no accident that these movements were led by people of faith, for with faith comes hope.
Wallis closed with a plea to his audience to hope. He said that �hope creates the will, will creates action, and action creates change. This is where he puts the contract in front of us and asks us to sign on the dotted line. He wants us to hope."

I have been far too guilty of letting those fundmentalist puppet monkees define for me modern Christianity. This is no small part of my decision to abandon the Christian language as far as I seek to define and navigate my own path. However, I can not help but to get a little sentimental when as I read a piece like this. Now I have no intention of returning to any particular religious narrative for the basis of my understandings, but I am happy that there are some out there carrying their crosses in opposition to BSTBN Christianity. Good luck. Now, I am going to meditate over a beer.

No comments: