10.9.05

In the land of stepford citizens. i am unable to watch the u.s. news without clutching my knees and rocking back and forth.
colin powell was just interveiwed by babrbara walters. i think at some point she should have just leaned over and whispered some perverted thing into his ear while her hand did something out of camera. it was a love fest.
substantiated reports of powel cursing hyped intel before he went before the UN and spewed lies, sweet lies were left unreferenced. instead he was allowed to lip the white house prbs without so much as a flinch from Media Whore Walters. He stated that he and the president were victims of a careless CIA and poor sourcing.
No mention of the fact that the White House had been so unsatisfied with the panty-waist stance the CIA took on Iraq, that Cheney had to create a new intel agency in the pentagon: the Defense Intelligenc Agecy, in order to get the wardrum he wanted. No mention of the fact that the bad sourcing was largely based upon characters Powell's State Department had considered untrustworthy. I am talking about Chalabi, of course. And the CIA had come to the same conclusion about Chalabi.
It would have been nice if Powell had mentioned that the Pentagon was the only agency that trusted the primary source for much of Powell's UN testimony. Why am I talking about this nonsense? Does anybody care anymore?

Before I become disgusted with the US politics' ability to drain me of otherwise useful energy, can I mention Screwball, another secret source, who happened to be Chalabi's convict brother-in-law and blah blah blah.

And now we return to Katrina coverage. A welcome respite. I love the way this hurricane is being covered. I watch every news broadcast beginning with the 9 a.m. then the noon, then the 4:30 p.m., then the 5:30 p.m. the the 10 p.m. and then Niteline. And you know what is so cool? I have not heard the word rape, and I have not had to look at one of the thousands of bodies that still float down the streets of New Orleans.

I was worried they might try to ruin my appetite for dessert with an honest historical depiction, but luckily FEMA has stopped allowing journalists to photograph dead people. Let us see if we can make a new sense of FEMA: Fascists, uh..., Everyone Must Admire. Sorry, it is late, I am doing my best here. Anyway, the memo, from FEMA outling the journalists' restrictions was headlined: Not Documenting The Blood On Our Hands. HA ha. I still got it...

On a somber note the news reported the federal indictment of two political action commitees for buying illegal election influence. Cool. They failed to mention, twice, atleast that Rep. Delay, Bushit friend and U.S. senator from Texas. founded and ran those PAC's.

No comments: